The church covenant is a commitment that each member makes to one another as to how they will conduct their relationships in the body of Christ. We believe that it is vital for our members to understand and be absolutely committed to the ‘one another’ commands in Scripture. Without this commitment a church body cannot grow properly.
Every member of CCC makes the following commitments:
- I will make every effort to make the Bible, not my own or anyone else’s opinions, not my preferences or feelings, the standards by which I will govern my life.
- I will faithfully study the Scriptures and seek to preserve purity in practice and beliefs in my own life and in the life of the church.
- I will be diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in this local church by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, being united in spirit, and being intent on one purpose with Christ-like humility.
- I will seek to exercise my God-given spiritual gifts in order to build up the believers in this local church and do all I can to stimulate them to love and good deeds.
- I will diligently seek to advance the cause of Christ through this local church by my regular attendance, financial contributions, and the sacrificial giving of my time, talent and resources to meet the needs of others in the church family.
- I will commit to teaching biblical truth to my family and acquaintances, as God gives me opportunity, with a desire to see them come to trust Jesus Christ and be saved.
- I will commit to faithfully praying for the ministry leaders, people and ministries of this local church.
- I will respect, support, cooperate with, obey and submit to the loving leadership of this church as they exercise their biblical responsibilities of shepherding the members of this church in accordance with Scripture.
- I will commit to receiving love, encouragement, teaching, admonishment, comfort, and exhortation from members of my church family with a genuine desire to grow in the knowledge of Christ and His Word.