Let’s all Pray through Romans 12 and 13 this week
Let’s all pray through Romans 12 and 13 this week.
Romans 12 and 13 are challenging Scriptures to obey. We cannot be obedient to the Scriptures without the Lord’s help. God has commanded us to be a people who are set apart by our love. We need God’s help. So, we are going to ask Him to help us with the very things He has commanded. God says to bring our supplications before Him (Philippians 4:6). A supplication is a list. Below is a list to pray through.
God has told us to present our bodies as a living, holy sacrifice, so we are going to say, “Help us Father be holy.”
God has told us to love our enemies, so we are going to say, “Help us Father to love our enemies.”
Praying the Scripture is very biblical and effective. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth (Psalm 145:18 18). God’s Word does not return to Him void, but brings forth fruit (Isaiah 55:11).
1 John 5:14 – 15 says, “And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.”
Let’s each pray each day and trust God is faithful to His Word.
MONDAY – Pray for our church body (Romans 12:1-9)
- Pray we present our bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God; our spiritual service of worship (12:1).
- Pray we are not conformed to this world, but transformed by renewing our mind in accordance to the good, acceptable and perfect will of God (12:2).
- Pray we not think more highly of ourselves than we ought, but think with sound judgment (12:3).
- Pray we, who are many members in one body be unified with one another (12:4-5).
- Pray we exercise our gifts according to the grace given us (12:6-8).
- Pray we hate evil and cling to what is good (12:9).
TUESDAY – Pray we Demonstrate genuine love to one another in the body (Romans 12:9-16)
- Pray we be devoted to one another, preferring one another (12:10).
- Pray we serve the Lord with diligence and enthusiasm (12:11).
- Pray we have hope in the Lord and persevere in all tribulation, being devoted to prayer (12:12).
- Pray we are cheerfully generous to the saints and strangers (12:13).
- Pray we are intimate with one another; rejoicing and weeping with one another (12:15)
- Pray we seek unity in the body; we associate with the humble and never think too highly of ourselves (12:16).
WEDNESDAY – Pray we Demonstrate genuine love to All People (Romans 12:14-21)
- Pray we are a blessing to people, we not curse those who persecute us or those who oppose righteousness (12:14).
- Pray we never pay back evil for evil to anyone (12:17).
- Pray we always think about and demonstrate what is right in the sight of all men (12:17).
- Pray as it depends on us, we are at peace with all men (12:18).
- Pray we have the strength and faith to never take revenge, but leave room for God’s wrath (12:19).
- Pray we willingly give food and drink to our enemies; we are never overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good (12:20-21).
THURSDAY – Pray we honor governing authorities (Romans 13:1-7)
- Pray we have the humility and grace to be in subjection to the governing authorities (13:1).
- Pray those who are evil doers are brought to justice by the governing authorities (13:3).
- Pray the governing authorities have a fear of God; praising those who are righteous and avenging evil doers (13:3).
- Pray we render all that is due to governing authorities; including taxes, honor, and respect (13:6-7).
FRIDAY – Pray we fulfill the law with our love for others (Romans 13:8-10)
- Pray we love one another (13:8).
- Pray we love our neighbor (13:9).
- Pray we do no wrong to our neighbor (13:10).
- Pray we fulfill the law and are holy, righteous, and good just as our Father in Heaven is perfect.
SATURDAY – Pray we live as children of the light (Romans 13:11-14)
- Pray the Lord wake us in this hour of being nearer to our salvation (13:11).
- Pray we lay aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light and behave properly (13: 12-13).
- Pray we put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the lusts of the flesh (13:14).